GetSimple is an open source content management application.
GetSimple is an XML based, stand-a-alone, fully independent and lite Content Management System. To go along with its best-in-class user interface, we have loaded it with features that every website needs, but with nothing it doesn't. GetSimple is truly the simplest way to manage a small-business website.
- XML Based: We don't use mySQL to store our information, but instead depend the simplicity of XML. By utilizing XML, we are able stay away from introducing an extra layer of slowness and complexity associated with connecting to a mySQL database. Because GetSimple was built specifically for the small-site market, we feel this is the absolutely best option for data storage.
- You can "Undo" Almost Everything: This feature was based off an eye-opening AListApart article explaining how warning messages never work as planned. Because of this, we've included "undo" into almost every action you can take on the site, giving you peace-of-mind for when you make those inevitable stupid mistakes.
- Easy to Learn UI: The top priority when designing our user-interface was to make it the best in it's class. We had the luxury of trying and testing all the competing management systems before designing ours, so we took the best out of each one - then refined it.
- Simple Installation: The total time in setting up a website took a total of 5 minutes, from starting the FTP to finishing the setup procedure.
- Simple Theme Customization: We have how to documents that show you how to create a custom theme. Our goal was not to bloat our software with hundreds of little-used theme functions, but to offer more than enough to allow for a fully customized theme.
- Designed For the Small-Site Market: This is one of the reasons GetSimple uses XML rather than a robust database such as mySQL. For most small businesses, their only real need is to be able to easily update their site without the need of a ton of extraneous rarely used features. GetSimple's goal is to manage small websites efficiently and effectively
3.3.132017-07-23 (latest version)